Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0xc000000f the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible
Hello:
I am trying to clone a 500GB HDD (internal) because of intermittent problems to my other 500GB HDD (internal) using WintoHDD. The clone process goes through without a hitch but when I restart with the cloned drive after removing the main drive, I get the following error message (as the subject of this post) - 0xc000000f the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.
I have an HP Laptop dv7. Put the cloned drive into the 1st bay as is required for the boot to work.
I have tried cloning twice. The first time I did it with the System and boot partition in one and the second time the boot partition and system partition (1GB allocated) in two separate partition. The current set up is shown in the attached HDDPartition image.
Would appreciate if you could help in resolving the above issue.
Regards,
Dave

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-04-2019, 01:18 AM)cad4567 Wrote: Hello:
I am trying to clone a 500GB HDD (internal) because of intermittent problems to my other 500GB HDD (internal) using WintoHDD. The clone process goes through without a hitch but when I restart with the cloned drive after removing the main drive, I get the following error message (as the subject of this post) -  0xc000000f the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.
I have an HP Laptop dv7. Put the cloned drive into the 1st bay as is required for the boot to work.
I have tried cloning twice. The first time I did it with the System and boot partition in one and the second time the boot partition and system partition (1GB allocated) in two separate partition. The current set up is shown in the attached HDDPartition image.
Regards,
Dave

Make the first partition 100mb fat32 and second one of NTFS large partition.

And if you're trying to clone Windows-7 then you're into trouble due to driver issue...
(03-04-2019, 01:18 AM)cad4567 Wrote: Hello:
I am trying to clone a 500GB HDD (internal) because of intermittent problems to my other 500GB HDD (internal) using WintoHDD. The clone process goes through without a hitch but when I restart with the cloned drive after removing the main drive, I get the following error message (as the subject of this post) -  0xc000000f the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.
Regards,
Dave

Please send us the ntbtlog.txt on the cloned Windows partition, please note that the ntbtlog.txt file is in the Windows directory.
Exclamation 
[quote pid="2368" dateline="1551748582"]
I also have the same issue, but there is no ntbtlog.txt file at all. Neither in the cloned Windows path, nor anywhere else.
[/quote]
(11-16-2020, 02:25 AM)Roqdock56 Wrote: [quote pid="2368" dateline="1551748582"]
I also have the same issue, but there is no ntbtlog.txt file at all. Neither in the cloned Windows path, nor anywhere else.

[/quote]

If ntbtlog.txt file does not exist, you need to enable it in the original cloned Windows and then re-clone Windows. How to enable ntbtlog.txt please refer to:
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enabl...windows-10