Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature REQUESTS
(11-28-2023, 01:57 PM)admin Wrote:
(11-27-2023, 10:23 PM)guest123 Wrote: Hi!

I recently tried Hasleo Backup Suite & so far it seems good. There is however one feature I am missing or maybe you can tell if I missed something. I installed HBS in my windows 11 pc & created a system image which by default incl C drive & other boot/system partitions. I use bitlocker on my C drive. I then created winPE disc without the download from Microsoft website. I booted my pc using winPE created by HBS. It showed my bitlocker encrypted C drive but with zero size. I then clicked on tools & use bitlocker tool to unlock the drive using 48 digits recovery key. After that I selected the drive where the backup image was located & restored it. PC rebooted successfully but after login into windows I saw the status of my C drive now is "bitlocker turned off" & when I click on "turn on bitlocker" it starts from the beginning asking me to select a pin & method meaning I will now have to again re-encrypt the entire C drive & will get a new recovery key.

Does this mean every time I use HBS winPE rescue media to restore a system image of a bitlocker encrypted C drive I will have to re-encrypt my C drive & will have a new recovery key?

I am sorry that you had to re-encrypt the drive after the restore, all backup software on the market today uses Microsoft's Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) technology for backups, the data backed up via VSS is unencrypted data, so this issue is common to all backup software on the market.

Thanks for the reply. Please see the below link from Maricum forum which mention about "bitlocker live restore/clone" :
https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/displa...e+Outcomes

Currently HBS follow the option 3/last option in above link, is it possible for HBS to implement option 1 "bitlocker live restore/clone" which seemingly restore a bitlocker encrypted partition to unlocked but still bitlocker enabled encrypted partition.
(12-08-2023, 11:04 PM)guest123 Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 01:57 PM)admin Wrote:
(11-27-2023, 10:23 PM)guest123 Wrote: Hi!

I recently tried Hasleo Backup Suite & so far it seems good. There is however one feature I am missing or maybe you can tell if I missed something. I installed HBS in my windows 11 pc & created a system image which by default incl C drive & other boot/system partitions. I use bitlocker on my C drive. I then created winPE disc without the download from Microsoft website. I booted my pc using winPE created by HBS. It showed my bitlocker encrypted C drive but with zero size. I then clicked on tools & use bitlocker tool to unlock the drive using 48 digits recovery key. After that I selected the drive where the backup image was located & restored it. PC rebooted successfully but after login into windows I saw the status of my C drive now is "bitlocker turned off" & when I click on "turn on bitlocker" it starts from the beginning asking me to select a pin & method meaning I will now have to again re-encrypt the entire C drive & will get a new recovery key.

Does this mean every time I use HBS winPE rescue media to restore a system image of a bitlocker encrypted C drive I will have to re-encrypt my C drive & will have a new recovery key?

I am sorry that you had to re-encrypt the drive after the restore, all backup software on the market today uses Microsoft's Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) technology for backups, the data backed up via VSS is unencrypted data, so this issue is common to all backup software on the market.

Thanks for the reply. Please see the below link from Maricum forum which mention about "bitlocker live restore/clone" :
https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/displa...e+Outcomes

Currently HBS follow the option 3/last option in above link, is it possible for HBS to implement option 1 "bitlocker live restore/clone" which seemingly restore a bitlocker encrypted partition to unlocked but still bitlocker enabled encrypted partition.

Thank you very much, we will consider your suggestion.
Hello, small improvement request: When prompting the user for backup commentary at start of every backup, prompt user IMMEDIATELY after clicking the backup button is clicked instead of after a waiting time.

Explanation:

I run backups frequently and always manually. I use the "backup comments option". Every time I trigger a backup I have to wait for the comments box to appear - sometimes I forget and then realize the backup has not started because it was interrupted by the comments box without me noticing. If the comments box would appear IMMEDIATELY, this problem would not happen.

I think Hasleo might be doing certain actions BEFORE showing the comments box. I was thinking perhaps these actions could just as well be done AFTER showing the comments box?
Item to think about... I've been getting a lot of feedback concerning lack of a DARK THEME which many people need to deal with vision issues.  If not DARK, at least a contrasted background (medium Grey) in the main UI.

Thanks in advance for your consideration...
(12-12-2023, 10:25 PM)m.e. Wrote: Hello, small improvement request: When prompting the user for backup commentary at start of every backup, prompt user IMMEDIATELY after clicking the backup button is clicked instead of after a waiting time.

Explanation:

I run backups frequently and always manually. I use the "backup comments option". Every time I trigger a backup I have to wait for the comments box to appear - sometimes I forget and then realize the backup has not started because it was interrupted by the comments box without me noticing. If the comments box would appear IMMEDIATELY, this problem would not happen.

I think Hasleo might be doing certain actions BEFORE showing the comments box. I was thinking perhaps these actions could just as well be done AFTER showing the comments box?

Thank you for your suggestion and we will improve it as soon as possible.
(12-12-2023, 11:53 PM)Froggie Wrote: Item to think about... I've been getting a lot of feedback concerning lack of a DARK THEME which many people need to deal with vision issues.  If not DARK, at least a contrasted background (medium Grey) in the main UI.

Ok, thank you very much for your suggestion, if this doesn't take too much time we will implement it as soon as possible.
(12-13-2023, 01:20 PM)admin Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 11:53 PM)Froggie Wrote: Item to think about... I've been getting a lot of feedback concerning lack of a DARK THEME which many people need to deal with vision issues.  If not DARK, at least a contrasted background (medium Grey) in the main UI.

Ok, thank you very much for your suggestion, if this doesn't take too much time we will implement it as soon as possible.

This is the first preview version that supports the Dark theme, please download and try it.
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...231221.exe

[Image: attachment.php?aid=419]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-21-2023, 11:22 PM)admin Wrote:

This is the first preview version that supports the Dark theme, please download and try it.

This is very cool!  It looks perfect.  I'll keep testing, but right now I cannot see any issues with this dark theme.  Thanks!
(12-22-2023, 02:27 PM)n8chavez Wrote:
(12-21-2023, 11:22 PM)admin Wrote:

This is very cool!  It looks perfect.  I'll keep testing, but right now I cannot see any issues with this dark theme.  Thanks!

Thanks for testing and feedback, in fact there are still some minor issues and we will fix them as soon as possible.
(Hello, I wanted to say that the feature suggestion "quicker comments window when starting a backup" is not so important. One can always just deactivate the feature and only enable it when one actually wants to enter a comment. I don't think it's such an important feature that it needs immedate attention. :-) ) It's great that it is possible to disable comments AFTER the intial full backup! Smile