Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature REQUESTS
Being a newbie here I figure this would be a great place for this discussion.

Item #1: A modern UEFI configuration these days includes at least one large disk which many times includes the FOUR necessary partitions for successful UEFI BOOTing (EFI, MSR, Recovery & OS) plus a separate DATA partition to be used as the user requires.  Your "System Backup" mode correctly includes those very same partitions and does not include the extra DATA partition.  This presents a significant problem during the restore operation.  Since the "System Backup" is not necessarily a Full disk backup, the System restore should not be one as well.  The System Restore should allow a user to select the partitions to restore (multiple, if necessary) without changing the geometry of the disk as far as resident DATA partitions are concerned.  Currently a System disk restore restores all the necessary BOOT partitions but blows away any partition on that disk that isn't included in the image... quite a big surprise when I first tested this feature.  I don't see a significant reason for having this type of restore do anything other that a non-destructive partition restoration... just like it does with the Partition restore mode.  When presented for restoration during a System disk recovery, all the included partitions should be selected for restoration, allowing the user to unSELECT anything he doesn't want to restore (like an OS-only restore).

Item #2: the Partition restore mode could do this as well but currently allows only a single partition to be restored non-destructively.  This makes a System configuration restoration require four separate partition restores to insure the non-backed up DATA partition remains untouched... a significant process and possibly very error prone.

Some initial observations... more to come.  Thanx for your consideration!
Disk mode restore means that all partitions that have been backed up are treated as a virtual disk, and then the virtual disk is restored to the destination disk, so that all partitions on the destination disk will be destroyed after the restore. We are also considering providing a restore mode that allows users to restore the operating system or disk to the specified area on the destination disk without destroying partitions that already exist on the destination disk.

In the current version, if you choose to perform the restore operation in system mode or partition mode, the "Restore to original location" option allows you to restore the Windows operating system or partition to its original location on the original disk and ensure that other partitions on the disk will not be destroyed, as shown in the screenshot below:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=360]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thank you for your timely REPLY. For some reason I must have unCHECKed the "Restore to original location" option upon restore (don't know why I would do that) because that option seems to be CHECKed by DEFAULT and, indeed, works as you described.

I'm working on another anomaly with another user and will return when we get that correctly documented. The user inserts a non-Windows-To-Go UFD (Portable device) and when he goes to the Rescue Media creator, it does not find the UFD and instead modifies one of his internal disks (am getting more information on this... sounds implausible to me... but ya never know).

Thanks again, great effort so far!

PS- is it OK to use this "Feature Request" thread... I didn't see anything anywhere else but saw users asking about it.
...also, a "Hasleo Backup Suite" thread has just been started on the "Wilders Security Forums" HERE, just in case there's an interest from the ADMIN or other Forum members...

(I'm the "jumper" at the moment, but there is a lot of interest, currently)
You have to specify a USB drive before you can start creating an emergency USB drive, as shown in the screenshot below:
[Image: create-bootable-winpe-emergency-media.png]

I don't know if the UFD you're talking about is a USB Flash Drive? When creating the emergency USB drive, Hasleo Backup Suite will list all USB flash drives for users to choose, if more than one USB flash drive is inserted in the computer, we must specify the correct USB drive, otherwise the drive will be formatted incorrectly and resulting in data loss.

So we need to confirm if the formatted drive is a USB flash drive? Or is the drive listed incorrectly by Hasleo Backup Suite?
The user claims the UFD selection DropDown says "no USB device supported found" (he disconnected all devices except the one he wants to use) but I find that hard to believe since the only other option is the ISO creation.  Once I get his screen shots and his DropDown choices (to quote Ah-nuld) "I'll be bach!"
(12-03-2022, 12:39 AM)admin Wrote: So we need to confirm if the formatted drive is a USB flash drive? Or is the drive listed incorrectly by Hasleo Backup Suite?

Does the supplied UFD have to be pre-formatted in some way or will the Rescue Media creator take care of that?
The issue is really weird, we need more information to explain it, and we will check our code. Please tell the user open the save log file dialog ("[Image: attachment.php?aid=346]" > "Save logs") and save the log file, then send the log file to us, we hope to be able to find some clues from the log file.
(12-03-2022, 12:53 AM)Froggie Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 12:39 AM)admin Wrote: So we need to confirm if the formatted drive is a USB flash drive? Or is the drive listed incorrectly by Hasleo Backup Suite?

Does the supplied UFD have to be pre-formatted in some way or will the Rescue Media creator take care of that?

Hasleo Backup Suite will format it automatically.
(12-03-2022, 12:56 AM)admin Wrote: The issue is really weird, we need more information to explain it, and we will check our code. Please tell the user open the save log file dialog ("[Image: attachment.php?aid=346]" > "Save logs") and save the log file, then send the log file to us, we hope to be able to find some clues from the log file.

Should I take this to another thread rather than polluting the "Feature REQUESTS" thread (it may get long Undecided )