Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WinToUSB Flaw.
Hello. I hope I'm posting in the proper thread.

It would appear after 4 days of trying to determine the issue I'm experiencing that your product will not work with a PNY Turbo 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive.

I have an Asus ROG G75VW it only has USB 3.0 ports. I was attempting to install Windows 8.1 from a verified working ISO.
My PNY Turbo 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive keeps throwing a BSOD USB 3.0 BUG error code.

I used a micro SD card after my 4th day of process of elimination and it works fine!

So it's not user error. Can you please tell of a remedy for the issue other than to insert a USB 2.0 stick or port?

If not I'll look elsewhere for a product that can suit my needs.

Thanks for your time.
Could you take a screenshot of the BSOD and send it to us?
(01-01-2019, 01:03 AM)admin Wrote: Could you take a screenshot of the BSOD and send it to us?

If I could actually setup yes, but alas that's not possible. I will recreate my issue and type the same USB 3.0 BUG.

If I'm asked before I recreate the issue. I will type the entirety of the screen. For now I'm off to sleep.
The BSOD is as follows:

Sad
Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.

We'er just collecting some error info, and then you can restart. (0% complete)

If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error: BUGCODE_USB3_DRIVER

I tried to attach a photo from my camera but Please correct the following errors before continuing:
  • The file you attached is too large. The maximum size for that type of file is 500 kilobytes.
(01-01-2019, 11:02 AM)BryanMc82 Wrote: The BSOD is as follows:

Sad

If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error: BUGCODE_USB3_DRIVER

I tried to attach a photo from my camera but Please correct the following errors before continuing:

• The file you attached is too large. The maximum size for that type of file is 500 kilobytes.

I'm sorry, this problem may be hardware-related or may be a bug in Windows, we don't have a solution yet. Please try updating your motherboard BIOS or booting directly from a USB 2.0 port. Or try using Windows 10 to create w2g to see if the same problem exists.
(01-01-2019, 02:07 PM)admin Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 11:02 AM)BryanMc82 Wrote: The BSOD is as follows:

Sad

I'm sorry, this problem may be hardware-related or may be a bug in Windows, we don't have a solution yet. Please try updating your motherboard BIOS or booting directly from a USB 2.0 port. Or try using Windows 10 to create w2g to see if the same problem exists.

I figured that you would say that. AGAIN 2.0 IS NOT AN OPTION! All my tech is perfectly fine and fully updated, and tested.

I don't want Windows 10 due to hardware conflicts! My system was specifically designed to use Windows 8.1

I was testing various Windows 8.1 on an ASUS ROG G75VW it only has USB 3.0 ports as in blue color coded USB ports no black!

It works fine from my Micro SD card just not my PNY Turbo 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drives! Your product says that it should work with this it doesn't.

I have 2 PNY Turbo 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drives all suffering from this issue, I have others I can test with.

So your product has a flaw or it's incompatible with 3.0 to 3.0 interfacing.

I have tried Windows 8.1 STD, OEM, and N, as well as Pro versions. 

And all but the pay format of your product.

I will try this with a competitor program. lf I get the same issue I will retract my notice, and deem it a flaw with the operating system supplied drivers.
If you search on the Internet, you will find that many users have experienced BUGCODE_USB3_DRIVER issue, and these users are not using Windows To Go, so the problem is not necessarily caused by WinToUSB. Please tell us the result after you have tested the other software, thank you. Happy new year!
(01-01-2019, 09:01 PM)admin Wrote: If you search on the Internet, you will find that many users have experienced BUGCODE_USB3_DRIVER issue, and these users are not using Windows To Go, so the problem is not necessarily caused by WinToUSB. Please tell us the result after you have tested the other software, thank you. Happy new year!

Thanks same to you.

I found a few programs that worked.

I was able to use competitor programs and was successful.

It made a Windows To Go drive out of my ISO and USB 3.0 Drive. 

I won't promote it since I believe it to be in bad taste.

Sadly I wish that your product worked for my USB Drive. I do like the layout.