Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[Archived] Feature REQUESTS 2022
#11
(12-02-2022, 01:55 PM)Froggie Wrote: Thank you for your timely REPLY.  For some reason I must have unCHECKed the "Restore to original location" option upon restore (don't know why I would do that) because that option seems to be CHECKed by DEFAULT and, indeed, works as you described.

I now know what I did wrong(?)...

When I arrived at the screen to select the target, the "Restore to original location" option was, indeed, selected by DEFAULT... BUT, I <click>ed off to a different disk (just looking around) and that option was CLEARed (different disk, after all) when I did that.  I then re-<click>ed on the original source disk prior to the restore, when I did this the option remained cleared and my ensuing restore wiped my non-System partition on that target disk.

If it's easy enough to do (and completely eliminate this issue), you should always set that DEFAULT to be ON when the original disk is selected, regardless of where you come from... and of course allow the user to CLEAR that setting, if necessary.  Just a suggestion (just tryin' to make it easier for the user).
Reply
#12
(12-02-2022, 04:47 PM)Froggie Wrote:
(12-02-2022, 01:55 PM)Froggie Wrote: Thank you for your timely REPLY.  For some reason I must have unCHECKed the "Restore to original location" option upon restore (don't know why I would do that) because that option seems to be CHECKed by DEFAULT and, indeed, works as you described.

I now know what I did wrong(?)...

When I arrived at the screen to select the target, the "Restore to original location" option was, indeed, selected by DEFAULT... BUT, I <click>ed off to a different disk (just looking around) and that option was CLEARed (different disk, after all) when I did that.  I then re-<click>ed on the original source disk prior to the restore, when I did this the option remained cleared and my ensuing restore wiped my non-System partition on that target disk.

If it's easy enough to do (and completely eliminate this issue), you should always set that DEFAULT to be ON when the original disk is selected, regardless of where you come from... and of course allow the user to CLEAR that setting, if necessary.  Just a suggestion (just tryin' to make it easier for the user).

Ok, thanks for the suggestion, we will improve it.
Reply
#13
(12-02-2022, 02:49 PM)Froggie Wrote: The user claims the UFD selection DropDown says "no USB device supported found" (he disconnected all devices except the one he wants to use) but I find that hard to believe since the only other option is the ISO creation.  Once I get his screen shots and his DropDown choices (to quote Ah-nuld) "I'll be bach!"

We did find a BUG that may be causing this issue, please tell the user download and try the fixed version below:
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...221203.exe

Thanks.
Reply
#14
Feature REQUEST - in keeping with the thread title a bit, is there a consideration in the SCHEDULING area of looking at finer time points (ie: 15-min) as is available from the MicroSloth Windows Scheduler.  Many users of SERVER Systems would like to "snapshot" their FileSystems at a more frequent interval than hourly, mainly for RECOVERY purposes during critical times.  I personally use an HOURLY snapshot to protect my busy li'l System but have occasionally needed to use finer time points during a very active development/testing period.

Thank you for your consideration...
Reply
#15
Feature REQUEST - it may already be possible but be undocumented... or I just didn't find it Confused (very possible).  Has any thought been given to developing a CLI (Command Line Interface) for this extremely useful imaging/backup application (I always like GUI shortcuts Wink )?
Reply
#16
(12-06-2022, 02:41 PM)Froggie Wrote: Feature REQUEST - it may already be possible but be undocumented... or I just didn't find it Confused (very possible).  Has any thought been given to developing a CLI (Command Line Interface) for this extremely useful imaging/backup application (I always like GUI shortcuts Wink )?

Yes, we will provide this feature in future releases.
Reply
#17
Hello Team,

Could be possible, may be for the next release, adding at the end of recovery also the possbility to restart the PC? At now is present only the chance to power OFF.

Thanks in advance for your great support.

I wanted to wish you all a great 2023

Cheers
Luca.
Reply
#18
(12-30-2022, 11:27 AM)Luca Wrote: Hello Team,

Could be possible, may be for the next release, adding at the end of recovery also the possbility to restart the PC? At now is present only the chance to power OFF.

Thanks in advance for your great support.

I wanted to wish you all a great 2023

Cheers
Luca.

Yes, of course.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)