Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[Archived] Feature REQUESTS 2024
#1
(12-28-2023, 03:27 PM)pt58 Wrote: So far, I have been impressed with the speed and features of Hasleo backup.
I was wondering if it would be possible to show the disk transfer rate (MB/s) when performing a backup?
I'm guessing that this value must already be available internally within the program to calculate the "Remaining Time" figure.
It would also be useful to display this figure when performing a disk/partition clone and possibly a restore operation.

Thanks for the suggestion, we will improve it in future releases.
Reply
#2
Hi,

I've read full thread on WilderSecurity, MalwareTips and this thread.
Been using OS imaging for over 2 decades (Ghost, Macrium, Paragon, O&O DiskImage).
I'm not saying this to look good or smart, just so you know I'm not a newbie and I did my homework before writing this message... Smile

I have a suggestion; it would be nice if you offered the option of choosing whether or not we want a task subfolder to be created under the default storage folder for backup image files.

I do OS images on multiple computers that all write their backups in "E:\Backup_Images" and then use a script to copy backups from multiple computers over to a central location and doing a hash verification to make sure copies are properly done.  The task names, and therefore the image files, contain the hostname of the computer which makes it very easy to locate specific computer backups on my central location.

It would be nice if we had an option like a task setting check box that would let us choose if we want or not the additional task subfolder under the default storage folder.

PS: with my testing so far, I’m considering ditching Macrium when my subscription expires later this year and replacing it with Hasleo

Thanks in advance
Reply
#3
(01-06-2024, 07:31 PM)anchamp65 Wrote: Hi,

I've read full thread on WilderSecurity, MalwareTips and this thread.
Been using OS imaging for over 2 decades (Ghost, Macrium, Paragon, O&O DiskImage).
I'm not saying this to look good or smart, just so you know I'm not a newbie and I did my homework before writing this message... Smile

I have a suggestion; it would be nice if you offered the option of choosing whether or not we want a task subfolder to be created under the default storage folder for backup image files.

I do OS images on multiple computers that all write their backups in "E:\Backup_Images" and then use a script to copy backups from multiple computers over to a central location and doing a hash verification to make sure copies are properly done.  The task names, and therefore the image files, contain the hostname of the computer which makes it very easy to locate specific computer backups on my central location.

It would be nice if we had an option like a task setting check box that would let us choose if we want or not the additional task subfolder under the default storage folder.

PS: with my testing so far, I’m considering ditching Macrium when my subscription expires later this year and replacing it with Hasleo

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the suggestion, we will improve it in future releases.
Reply
#4
Idea: In the log text ("... completed successfully"), there could be this information: "size of created backup: __ GB; free remaining disk space on destination: __ GB)
Reply
#5
I would appreciated the use of variables in the file naming mechanism. For example, %Type% - %MM%-%dd%-%YY% would mean Full - 01-08-24. This way users would have greater flexibility in naming their images, and Hasleo wouldn't have to enforce the nesting of directories for each image.
Reply
#6
(01-08-2024, 09:49 PM)m.e. Wrote: Idea: In the log text ("... completed successfully"), there could be this information: "size of created backup: __ GB; free remaining disk space on destination: __ GB)

Thanks for the suggestion, we will improve it in future releases.
Reply
#7
(01-09-2024, 05:09 AM)n8chavez Wrote: I would appreciated the use of variables in the file naming mechanism.  For example, %Type% - %MM%-%dd%-%YY% would mean Full - 01-08-24.  This way users would have greater flexibility in naming their images, and Hasleo wouldn't have to enforce the nesting of directories for each image.

Thank you for this suggestion and I have to say that this should be very useful and we will implement it in future releases.
Reply
#8
On the Hasleo download page, would it be possible to include the SHA1 or SHA256 checksum of the installation file so that the user can check the integrity of the file prior to installation?
Reply
#9
If you're downloading it from the Hasleo product page, I guess I don't understand the issue.  If you were getting it from somewhere else, then I would be concerned.
Reply
#10
"minor" Feature Request Smile 
------------------------------
On the 1st page of the RESTORE process, an INFORMATION ICON is available for the currently selected backup image, allowing the user to see any important COMMENTs that were made when the image was created.

Can this ICON also be made available on the HOME page for the "Last Backup" created for each task on that page... very useful information for the user.

Thank you for your consideration!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)