Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[Archived] Feature REQUESTS 2025
#61
(01-09-2025, 12:18 PM)admin Wrote:
(01-09-2025, 10:33 AM)chmichael Wrote: You should allow it with a warning.

Eg. Changing the destination folder will not copy old backups or something. Do you want to proceed ?
Or add an option to copy the old backups so it's up to the admin to do it or not.

Thank you

Yes, you're right. V5 has been released and we won't be adding new features to V5 for a while, so we have time to complete the suggestions made by customers.

I know I'm referencing an old post, but my suggestion kind of goes along with this suggestion.  What about making a DUPLICATE option in the "Actions" drop down menu for a specific Backup task to duplicate the backup template, but make these uneditable fields in the new version editable.

This method would allow a user to create a new backup task without starting from scratch, but would also allow the user to create a new task, change the destination folder and delete the old task - thus creating the same backup task with a new destination.
Reply
#62
(03-20-2025, 01:16 PM)Gork Wrote:
(01-09-2025, 12:18 PM)admin Wrote: Yes, you're right. V5 has been released and we won't be adding new features to V5 for a while, so we have time to complete the suggestions made by customers.

I know I'm referencing an old post, but my suggestion kind of goes along with this suggestion.  What about making a DUPLICATE option in the "Actions" drop down menu for a specific Backup task to duplicate the backup template, but make these uneditable fields in the new version editable.

This method would allow a user to create a new backup task without starting from scratch, but would also allow the user to create a new task, change the destination folder and delete the old task - thus creating the same backup task with a new destination.

In future releases we will allow users to change the destination path, so we may not provide the feature of duplicate backup templates. Thanks.
Reply
#63
I still wish there was a means to launch the application past the the date of which you're supposed to update. Should this be the last version of the program you can get; it would be a bit of a problem for continued usage.
Reply
#64
(03-21-2025, 04:47 AM)Mint Wrote: I still wish there was a means to launch the application past the the date of which you're supposed to update. Should this be the last version of the program you can get; it would be a bit of a problem for continued usage.

We've answered this question many times, look here:
https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/showthre...60#pid7660
Reply
#65
(03-21-2025, 10:03 AM)admin Wrote:
(03-21-2025, 04:47 AM)Mint Wrote: I still wish there was a means to launch the application past the the date of which you're supposed to update. Should this be the last version of the program you can get; it would be a bit of a problem for continued usage.

We've answered this question many times, look here:
https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/showthre...60#pid7660

Expect it really doesn't. I'm not asking for support I'm asking to remove the used by date from the program. Simply relying on the win pe to get your data back is far from acceptable. This image has god knows what kind of data on it.
Reply
#66
(03-21-2025, 10:31 PM)Mint Wrote:
(03-21-2025, 10:03 AM)admin Wrote: We've answered this question many times, look here:
https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/showthre...60#pid7660

Expect it really doesn't. I'm not asking for support I'm asking to remove the used by date from the program. Simply relying on the win pe to get your data back is far from acceptable. This image has god knows what kind of data on it.
RunAsDate will allow you to run old versions of the program....

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/run_as_date.html

[attachment=604]
Reply
#67
(03-21-2025, 10:31 PM)Mint Wrote: Simply relying on the win pe to get your data back is far from acceptable.

Data recovery is performed only and only after booting into the WinPE environment.
Reply
#68
(03-21-2025, 11:50 PM)software addict Wrote:
(03-21-2025, 10:31 PM)Mint Wrote: Expect it really doesn't. I'm not asking for support I'm asking to remove the used by date from the program. Simply relying on the win pe to get your data back is far from acceptable. This image has god knows what kind of data on it.
RunAsDate will allow you to run old versions of the program....

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/run_as_date.html

Yes, that is indeed a really good tool. I didn't want to bring it up because I'm worried that they will update HBS to ignore it. Having to data, the most precious thing on your computer tied to a used by date is still very silly and simply should not be there.
Reply
#69
(03-22-2025, 06:48 AM)aldist Wrote:
(03-21-2025, 10:31 PM)Mint Wrote: Simply relying on the win pe to get your data back is far from acceptable.

Data recovery is performed only and only after booting into the WinPE environment.

False, data recovery can also be preformed from the HBS application. Also what if you pose the WinPE or the hard drive fails. How will you get your data back then?
Reply
#70
Worrying about not being able to restore data from an image file in the future is redundant, even if we release the paid version, we won't restrict users from performing restores, and besides, we'll always keep the free version. We are not greedy or controlled by capitalists, otherwise HBS would have already launched the paid version, and look at the prices of our other products, they are very cheap and none of them use the subscription model.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)