Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[Archived] Hasleo Backup Suite V5.6.1.0 BETA Released!
#31
(12-16-2025, 09:52 PM)Froggie Wrote: The MERGE feature is primarily for users who use DIFFERENTIAL and INCREMENTAL images.  It allows the user to move past INCs forward in time to a later time in the image chain... kinda like making a new DIFF outta old INCs.  This allows users to have all the changes in the image chain up until the new merged image, also removing all those merged forward INC images.  This allows for space saving within the image chain, primarily.

It's of no use for users of FULL images only...

Ahhh,... that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.
Reply
#32
(12-17-2025, 03:13 AM)n8chavez Wrote: Everyone seems to be missing my point, so I'll illustrate it as best I can.

Say I have multiple images; six differentials, four full, and five incremental images, and I want to find a file that's somewhere in those images.  I can either A) open each image individually and look for the data I want or B) Merge all the images together then mount that single image and then get my data. Which is easier and less time consuming?  For me, it would be B.  The way merging is now assumes that I'm either concerned about space or that I may want the images deleted after they all merge.  What if neither is true?  What if I want to grab my data in the above scenario and yet still restore one of those images?  I can't.  They way merging works now, I'm screwed because those images get deleted.

All I'm saying is, add the option to delete so users have a choice.

It seems we may not be referring to the same feature. The image merge feature in Hasleo Backup Suite works by merging multiple backup versions into a single backup version. This process retains only the valid data from the latest version to conserve storage space. It is important to clarify that the merged image file does not preserve the independent data from historical versions, and therefore it is not possible to restore any previous version that existed before the merge from this file.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)