Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hasleo Backup Suite V5.9.2.3 Released!
#41
I think that most users would not be aware of that requirement.  I know I wasn't aware that I had to close and reopen HBSP to see if there was an update ...

Many of the many other programs I own notify you upon opening the program; others, when you manually initiate a "Check for Updates."  Is this requirement listed in an HBS Article or Tutorial?

How much longer would the HBS program launch time be if this change was implemented?

I think this is something that should be considered as a future enhancement to both the free and paid versions.

Just my two cents, and probably worth less.

Have a great day.

Regards,
Phil
Reply
#42
Being an US east coast user of HBS... if the check for UPDs had to be made before the backup System became alive, sometimes a very significant time delay is seen when accessing the EasyUEFI site for that check.  Many times, it's many, many seconds, sometimes minutes.  I always blame it on being an Asian location and the network to getting there Dodgy .

If they used a more extensive distributed CDN it probably wouldn't be a problem.  But balancing the cost of such with making a quick UPDATE check available... I'd say leave it alone.  Not enough gain for the cost...
Reply
#43
start up performance is more important to me than
immediate info about an update availability.

My vote for keep it as is.

JayDee
Reply
#44
I vote leave it alone too
Reply
#45
Thank you all for your feedback. Perhaps we could display a pending notification icon (e.g., an email icon) in the UI to notify users that a new version is available and to show other notifications.
Reply
#46
In case anyone is wondering where all the old posts went Wink

We decided to clean up this thread a little since the first post was still version 1.0.0.
From now on old release posts and their answers will be moved to their own (unpinned) archive thread occasionally.
Those can still be found easily if you search for [archived].

Latest archived posts for reference:
- [Archived] Hasleo Backup Suite V5.9 BETA Released!
- [Archived] Hasleo Backup Suite V5.8.2.2 Released!
- [Archived] Hasleo Backup Suite V5.8.2.1 Released!
- [Archived] Hasleo Backup Suite V5.8.2.0 Released!
- [Archived] Hasleo Backup Suite V5.8 BETA 1 Released!
- [Archived] Hasleo Backup Suite V5.8 BETA Released!

Cheers,
al3x
Reply
#47
@al3x,

Thank you for this initiative.  It will make finding older release topics much easier, and reduce the clutter of old releases in this one Topic.

It looks good already. 👍  Have a great day.

Regards,
Phil
Reply
#48
@al3x,

I’d like to express my sincere thanks to you for the proactive maintenance and organization work. This archiving approach really helps keep the main thread tidy and makes it much easier for users to find older versions.

Much appreciated. Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)