Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in"
(05-06-2016, 07:20 PM)amo001 Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 09:39 PM)admin Wrote: Thank you for the information you provided. And we will try to reproduce and solve this problem.

It needs an Windows 8.1 on which you connect the Stick, to "see" the "access denied" Problem. Not sure with WIndows 7, but on Win 10 its not the same.
The Stick was also created on an Windows 8.1 Pro

Very useful information, thanks again.
Hi all,

I have the same error as amo001. When installing Win7, everything seems OK until boot, where you get the error message "User profile not loaded". I can also confirm that the method proposed by amo001 works.

1) Delete the Users folder on the new external disk containing Win7
2) Use robocopy to copy a fresh install of the C:\Users folder to the external disk.

I used Virtualbox for this, and mounted the VHD image of a fresh Win7 install as a disk to achieve this.
Sorry, we can't reproduce the problem in our test environment. Is there have some special settings for file system on this Windows operating system?
This problem also occured in my setup first.
I used a German Windows 7 Professional iso (de_windows_7_professional_x64_dvd_X15-65813.iso).
The folder for my user account was not created after the setup routine.
I used a 16GB USB 2.0 Stick with normal NTFS file system (no VHD/VHDx), legacy boot (no 100MB partition).

After using an English Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 image from the iso downloader user script (http://www.chip.de/downloads/Windows-ISO...33731.html) this error did not occur any more.

In my case, it could have something to do with the symbolic links in the localized German version (C:\Users -> C:\Benutzer, ...). These links were not set, so only the localized folder (C:\Benutzer) existed, and not the "original" one (C:\Users).

Did any you perhaps also use a localized version?
Thanks for reporting this problem, we will try to reproduce and solve the problem in our test environment. Could you please tell us where we can download the ISO file you used to install Windows? We need it to do a test.
Thanks
(12-27-2016, 10:32 PM)admin Wrote: Thanks for reporting this problem, we will try to  reproduce and solve the problem in our test environment. Could you please tell us where we can download the ISO file you used to install Windows? We need it to do a test.
Thanks

I downloaded it with the university program "Microsoft Imagine Premium - Microsoft Developer Network.Academic Alliance", which is now "Microsoft Imagine Premium".

This should be a "normal" Windows 7 image (localized german version), which should also be available via the iso downloader (Chip.de Link above).
(12-28-2016, 08:05 PM)schapplm Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 10:32 PM)admin Wrote: Thanks for reporting this problem, we will try to  reproduce and solve the problem in our test environment. Could you please tell us where we can download the ISO file you used to install Windows? We need it to do a test.
Thanks

I downloaded it with the university program "Microsoft Imagine Premium - Microsoft Developer Network.Academic Alliance", which is now "Microsoft Imagine Premium".

This should be a "normal" Windows 7 image (localized german version), which should also be available via the iso downloader (Chip.de Link above).

Thank you for the infomation.
I got the same error when using Win7 Pro x64 SP1. Here is how I fixed it without Windows to Go.

1. restart into safe mode with command prompt
2. enable administrator account - net user administrator /active:yes
3. reboot and login as administrator - this will error but creates an administrator folder in the users directory
4. shut down and place usb stick in another computer
5. change the ownership of the entire Users folder and Windows folder to administrator - I used Take Ownership from context menu
6. copy the contents of the default folder into the administrators folder.
7. place stick back in test computer and login as administrator.
8. Should work now.

There is obviously an owner/permissions issue when the folders are created by WinToUSB.
Hope this helps.
(01-28-2017, 03:48 AM)dcol Wrote: I got the same error when using Win7 Pro x64 SP1. Here is how I fixed it without Windows to Go.

3. reboot and login as administrator - this will error but creates an administrator folder in the users directory
5. change the ownership of the entire Users folder and Windows folder to administrator - I used Take Ownership from context menu
8. Should work now.

There is obviously an owner/permissions issue when the folders are created by WinToUSB.
Hope this helps.

Please send the user.log file to us via e-mail at [email protected], the user.log file is located in the bin folder under the installation directory. 
Thanks.
(01-30-2017, 12:28 AM)admin Wrote:
(01-28-2017, 03:48 AM)dcol Wrote: I got the same error when using Win7 Pro x64 SP1. Here is how I fixed it without Windows to Go.

8. Should work now.

Hope this helps.

Please send the user.log file to us via e-mail at [email protected], the user.log file is located in the bin folder under the installation directory. 
Thanks.

problem is solved with the latest version. Thanks