Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What enhancements and improvements would you like us to do in the future upgrades?
Hi guys,

If you have any new feature requests,
If you feel that we need to strengthen some features which have been added in the products, please post them here. Any suggestions or thoughts are welcome!
We will collect them, and fix the urgent bugs and add the most popular features in later upgrades.
Come on, let us know your thoughts!
Hi nameless admin (aka TheEasyUEFITeam),

I hope you received my email with the link to the usb/sd-card patch.
Some other ideas/improvments could be:

multilingual support (not only for the installer gui):
if the selected (Win7-OEM) ISO includes a directory called "langpacks" the default installation is allways in english
please add the posibility to select the language for the installed Windows

multilingual support (part2)
the default bcd is allways in english, no matter what language the Windows installation is

BCD-Store -> BootManager -> PreferedLocale = en-US  (should be de-DE on german installations)
same at
BCD-Store -> Application objects -> Windows 7 xxx -> PreferredLocal = en-US (de-DE or what ever is installed)
BCD-Store -> Windows resume objects -> Windows Resume Application -> PrefferedLocal = ...
BCD-Store -> Tools objects -> Windows -> PrefferedLocal = ...

MBR-GPT/(U)EFI
I use the "rEFInd" boot manager on my win8.1 x64 notebook.
with "rEFInd" it is possible to boot efi-code from ntfs-partitions (no need for a fat32 efi-partition)
for such a "dual"solution it would be nice if you create both boot paths on the stick
drive:\Boot\BCD
drive:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD

Minimum size for USB-sticks
Please reduce the Limit to something arround 10 GB or check the size in relation to the selected operating system.

USB-Format
Please add a option to disable the "allways" format-function, it is absolutly heavy to create a pseudo usb-hdd on a stick with this function.

install.wim
Please add a function to install not only from ISO / CD-ROM / DRIVE-CLONE.
I like to see the possibility to install from a .wim-file (just like "EasyInstaller" did it)
and for advanced users a function to install from a source-directory (comparable to a mounted install.wim)

This function could be nice for some quick testruns with injected drivers .. without mounting/unmounting wim-files.

Enough for the first posting :-)

I hope that i can give you some good feedbacks, not so much bugreports and some new ideas and improvments in the future.
Thanks for a very good tool.

BR
André
btw. lowlevel formated sticks are allways corrupt (not booting) after using win2usb.
i used "hdd low level format tool 4.40 free" from hddguru.com
this tool (or the System?) is creating a new fullsize Partition with Offset = 0
there is no space for a mbr !!!

I have to create a new partition manually with diskpart

select disk X
clean
create partition primary offset=1024
format fs=ntfs quick
active
assign
exit

fixed it ...

Can you add a mbr-spacecheck with Partition-correction with a offset from 1024 to reserve space for the mbr?

Thanx
BR
André
Thank you very much for your precious and valuable suggestions and the problems you guys point out.
We will analyze all your suggestions, and try to implement these functions as much as possible
show whether the installation is for 32 or 64 bit (aio iso)
(08-02-2015, 03:12 AM)Ryoth Wrote: show whether the installation is for 32 or 64 bit (aio iso)

Thanks, this is a good idea.
(08-02-2015, 01:15 PM)admin Wrote:
(08-02-2015, 03:12 AM)Ryoth Wrote: show whether the installation is for 32 or 64 bit (aio iso)

Thanks, this is a good idea.

This feature has been included in the version 2.3.
Hi too,

wondering if it'd be possible to change the name
of the VHD file (currently defaults to WinToUSB.vhd),
as a new option during the WinToUSB creation process.

Although the vol. name of the USB stick can be changed
without problems, the VHD file name cannot since the
Bootmanager will not find the default file.

Thanks for this great tool,
all the best.
(12-02-2015, 04:36 AM)JohnUEFI Wrote: Hi too,

wondering if it'd be possible to change the name
of the VHD file (currently defaults to WinToUSB.vhd),
as a new option during the WinToUSB creation process.

Although the vol. name of the USB stick can be changed
without problems, the VHD file name cannot since the
Bootmanager will not find the default file.

Thanks for this great tool,
all the best.

Thank you very much for your suggestion and we will consider it.
Hi, great tool ! Have just tried with my old harddrive via usb-2.0 and it is really fast. It would be great if it had support for win to internal sata drives !

I'm using laptop and my sata-1 hdd is dead (hardware related) but my dvd-bay ssd works. I can install and run ubuntu to my dvd-bay ssd but when i try to install windows it gives error in the formatting section of the installation. So i wonder if i install the windows to sata like wintousb maybe it will work, it would be great to have that feature !

Thanks !