Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature REQUESTS
(11-28-2023, 03:02 PM)admin Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 06:08 AM)Froggie Wrote:
(11-27-2023, 01:59 PM)admin Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 06:25 AM)Froggie Wrote: Wow... that would be great!

The following version allows to run HBS directly in WinPE without application installation.
1. Download and install the version below:
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...231127.exe

2. Copy the following folder to WinPE.
C:\Program Files\Hasleo\Hasleo Backup Suite\bin\WINPE\Program Files\Hasleo Backup Suite

3. Run the AppLoader.exe in the Hasleo Backup Suite\bin directory to start HBS in WinPE.

AppLoader.exe can help register and start the service program in WinPE and then start the graphical user interface program of HBS.
Well, results here were a real mixed bag.  Worked fine under the WinPE built by Macrium REFLECT, failed using Strelec's System WinPE environment and also AnkhTech's WinPE environment.  The failures ran without error when running the AppLoader but then nothing presented itself following that.

It must have to do with the different way developers configure their WinPEs...

You have to make sure you are running 32-bit HBS in 32-bit WinPE and 64-bit HBS in 64-bit WinPE.

There's much more to it than that.  The WinPE FileSet came from a x64 installation on my System and both Strelec's and AnkhTech's diagnostic WinPEs are both x64-based.  Don't spend to much more time with this... it would've been nice if it worked. Sad
(11-29-2023, 12:21 AM)Froggie Wrote:
(11-27-2023, 01:59 PM)admin Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 06:25 AM)Froggie Wrote: Wow... that would be great!

The following version allows to run HBS directly in WinPE without application installation.

C:\Program Files\Hasleo\Hasleo Backup Suite\bin\WINPE\Program Files\Hasleo Backup Suite

3. Run the AppLoader.exe in the Hasleo Backup Suite\bin directory to start HBS in WinPE.

AppLoader.exe can help register and start the service program in WinPE and then start the graphical user interface program of HBS.
Well, results here were a real mixed bag.  Worked fine under the WinPE built by Macrium REFLECT, failed using Strelec's System WinPE environment and also AnkhTech's WinPE environment.  The failures ran without error when running the AppLoader but then nothing presented itself following that.

You have to make sure you are running 32-bit HBS in 32-bit WinPE and 64-bit HBS in 64-bit WinPE.

There's much more to it than that.  The WinPE FileSet came from a x64 installation on my System and both Strelec's and AnkhTech's diagnostic WinPEs are both x64-based.  Don't spend to much more time with this... it would've been nice if it worked. Sad

It's so strange that this shouldn't happen, and honestly we're interested in the issue right now.
(11-29-2023, 01:59 PM)admin Wrote:
(11-29-2023, 12:21 AM)Froggie Wrote:
(11-27-2023, 01:59 PM)admin Wrote: The following version allows to run HBS directly in WinPE without application installation.

It's so strange that this shouldn't happen, and honestly we're interested in the issue right now.

Please download and try the version below:
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...231129.exe
This version worked just fine with the (2) diagnostic WinPEs I tried it with... something good happened Wink Heart
Food for thought.  I also tried the above version under live Windows (to see if it would work as a fully portable version)... it did not due to the fact that when I removed the installed version of HBS, the uninstaller did not remove the service entry from the LIVE version previously installed (you know it should Dodgy ).  When I did that, the WinPE version worked fine as a portable using the AppLoader to run it.

Of course, on a LIVE System, removing a portable version normally requires nothing more than deleting the portable version.  In your case, that pesky service entry (not the service executable itself) is still left behind being poorly orphaned... more food for thought.
(11-30-2023, 03:07 AM)Froggie Wrote: Food for thought.  I also tried the above version under live Windows (to see if it would work as a fully portable version)... it did not due to the fact that when I removed the installed version of HBS, the uninstaller did not remove the service entry from the LIVE version previously installed (you know it should Dodgy ).  When I did that, the WinPE version worked fine as a portable using the AppLoader to run it.

Of course, on a LIVE System, removing a portable version normally requires nothing more than deleting the portable version.  In your case, that pesky service entry (not the service executable itself) is still left behind being poorly orphaned... more food for thought.

We have fixed this issue in the version below
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...231130.exe

And this version supports backup and cloning of Windows operating systems in WinPE, note that this is currently a test feature.
Another mixed bag... I'm not sure what was done with this version to make things work as far as a portable version is concerned, different results from before.  Here's the test.

01. Install above version for testing.  Ran Incremental image for quick test, all OK
02. Uninstall HBS, OK
03. Checked HBS Service status using Manage/Services and Apps/Services. The service entry was still present with Description=Failed to read Description. Error Code: 2.
04. Tried to run Portable version (AppLoader.exe).  Error Msg Window: Hasleo Backup Suite Loader, failed to run System API (0x0057001500000002).
05. Ran "SC Delete hasleobackupsuiteservice," errored service entry deleted.
06. Run AppLoader.exe once again, all OK.
07. Repeat Step#3, HBS service still available, status=running.
08. Reinstalled HBS via installer, OK.  Tried to run fresh install, get HBS error window = The service program did not start properly, pls contact us for support (0x008B001C00000002)
09. Repeat Step#3, same result.
10. Repeat Step#5, service deleted.
11. Repeat Step#8 (to re-establish service), all OK.

Zip LOG from Step#8 sent to [email protected]
(12-01-2023, 01:03 AM)Froggie Wrote: Another mixed bag... I'm not sure what was done with this version to make things work as far as a portable version is concerned, different results from before.  Here's the test.

01. Install above version for testing.  Ran Incremental image for quick test, all OK
02. Uninstall HBS, OK
03. Checked HBS Service status using Manage/Services and Apps/Services. The service entry was still present with Description=Failed to read Description. Error Code: 2.
04. Tried to run Portable version (AppLoader.exe).  Error Msg Window: Hasleo Backup Suite Loader, failed to run System API (0x0057001500000002).
05. Ran "SC Delete hasleobackupsuiteservice," errored service entry deleted.
06. Run AppLoader.exe once again, all OK.
07. Repeat Step#3, HBS service still available, status=running.
08. Reinstalled HBS via installer, OK.  Tried to run fresh install, get HBS error window = The service program did not start properly, pls contact us for support (0x008B001C00000002)
09. Repeat Step#3, same result.
10. Repeat Step#5, service deleted.
11. Repeat Step#8 (to re-establish service), all OK.

Zip LOG from Step#8 sent to [email protected]

Here is the new fixed version:
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...231205.exe

Please note that the portable version does not have the ability to uninstall the service, so to run the portable version we should uninstall the version of HBS already installed on the computer.
So, the requirement to fully remove a portable version really needs the following... the SERVICE started up by the portable version must first be stopped, since it's left running (Elevated COMMAND PROMPT: sc stop hasleobackupsuiteservice), then deleted (Elevated COMMAND PROMPT: sc delete hasleobackupsuiteservice).  At this point the "portable" HBS folder may be deleted in its entirety.

If the service STOP is not executed, the service DELETE will only be pending (until the STOP occurs).  If you try and delete the portable HBS folder at this time, lots of locked files in the way until that service is really stopped.

So far, so good... I think  Wink
See Post#34 & #35 for feature suggestion related to image management within the program's User Interface.