Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HBS and Windscribe Incompatibility
It seems there is some incompatibility between HBS and Windscribe VPN. HBS crashes the moment I connect to Windscribe. HBS creates empty dump files, and Windows Event Viewer reports no HBS errors. The situation improves if I add HBS executables to Windscribe's split tunneling feature.

I added the below HBS executables to Windscribe's split tunneling.
AppLoader
BackupService
BackupMainUI
BackupWorker
BackupSystemTray
Now HBS doesn't crash but doesn't take backups, or backups fail when I connect to Windscribe or it is connected.

Sometimes HBS crashes and shows an error "inter-process communication" if I only add BackupService and BackupSystemTray to Windscribe.

HBS Version 3.5 (Build: May 16, 2023)
Windows 10 Pro
(05-27-2023, 08:25 PM)khanyash Wrote: It seems there is some incompatibility between HBS and Windscribe VPN. HBS crashes the moment I connect to Windscribe. HBS creates empty dump files, and Windows Event Viewer reports no HBS errors. The situation improves if I add HBS executables to Windscribe's split tunneling feature.

I added the below HBS executables to Windscribe's split tunneling.
AppLoader
BackupService
BackupMainUI
BackupWorker
BackupSystemTray
Now HBS doesn't crash but doesn't take backups, or backups fail when I connect to Windscribe or it is connected.

Sometimes HBS crashes and shows an error "inter-process communication" if I only add BackupService and BackupSystemTray to Windscribe.

HBS Version 3.5 (Build: May 16, 2023)
Windows 10 Pro

HBS uses localhost (IP 127.0.0.1) to communicate between different processes, and using 127.0.0.1 for communication in applications is a very normal means, Windscribe seems to prevent communication using 127.0.0.1. I'm sorry we can't handle this situation, does Windscribe have any explanation for this?
I have done many successful (system mode) restores with HBS. From my experience, it is reliable and is now my primary backup solution on a Win 10 and a Win 11 system. But it has been crashing for me. I have been in conversation with your support team. They have been responsive and provided me with special builds. I couldn't help much as the created dump files were empty and Windows Event Viewer reported no HBS errors.

I recently noticed the HBS and Windscribe incompatibility and reported the issue to HBS and Windscribe. And updated them about excluding HBS processes in Windscribe's split tunneling and the outcome. HBS provided a special build, but it didn't fix the issue. Windscribe responded, "It sounds like some domains it is accessing may be present in our blocklists. The app seems to have some convoluted communication system with its home base." They provided debugging steps for sending logs. I replied I keep the feature disabled in Windscribe, for which they requested debugging and logs. They responded that excluding HBS processes under Windscribe's split tunneling is the best solution for this at this time.
(05-30-2023, 03:13 AM)khanyash Wrote: I have done many successful (system mode) restores with HBS. From my experience, it is reliable and is now my primary backup solution on a Win 10 and a Win 11 system. But it has been crashing for me. I have been in conversation with your support team. They have been responsive and provided me with special builds. I couldn't help much as the created dump files were empty and Windows Event Viewer reported no HBS errors.

I recently noticed the HBS and Windscribe incompatibility and reported the issue to HBS and Windscribe. And updated them about excluding HBS processes in Windscribe's split tunneling and the outcome. HBS provided a special build, but it didn't fix the issue. Windscribe responded, "It sounds like some domains it is accessing may be present in our blocklists. The app seems to have some convoluted communication system with its home base." They provided debugging steps for sending logs. I replied I keep the feature disabled in Windscribe, for which they requested debugging and logs. They responded that excluding HBS processes under Windscribe's split tunneling is the best solution for this at this time.

HBS will only communicate with our website to check for software updates when starting the software. Regarding the problem of the program prompting interprocess communication failures, it is clear that Windscribe (and probably other VPNs) is preventing the program from communicating through localhost (127.0.0.1), which is not the behavior that a professional software should have. HBS uses the network for communication so that remote control is possible in future releases, so will the network communication on the local network be blocked by Windscribe?
I tried disabling/enabling the Windscribe features, but it didn't help. Excluding HBS executables in Windscribe fixed the crash issue. I excluded 127.0.0.1 in Windscribe, but it didn't fix the interprocess communication problem. What is the IP address HBS connects to for updates?
(06-01-2023, 05:00 AM)khanyash Wrote: I tried disabling/enabling the Windscribe features, but it didn't help. Excluding HBS executables in Windscribe fixed the crash issue. I excluded 127.0.0.1 in Windscribe, but it didn't fix the interprocess communication problem. What is the IP address HBS connects to for updates?

Our homepage is www.easyuefi.com and the IP address is 192.163.192.196. Also exclude your IP address to see if it helps, you can check your IP address through ipconfig.
(06-01-2023, 01:59 PM)admin Wrote: Our homepage is www.easyuefi.com and the IP address is 192.163.192.196. Also exclude your IP address to see if it helps, you can check your IP address through ipconfig.

I tried, but it didn't fix the issue.
(06-04-2023, 12:08 AM)khanyash Wrote:
(06-01-2023, 01:59 PM)admin Wrote: Our homepage is www.easyuefi.com and the IP address is 192.163.192.196. Also exclude your IP address to see if it helps, you can check your IP address through ipconfig.

I tried, but it didn't fix the issue.

In fact HBS hasn't started checking for updates when it prompts "interprocess communication failure", so the issue is caused by local network communication being blocked.
(06-05-2023, 10:35 PM)admin Wrote: In fact HBS hasn't started checking for updates when it prompts "interprocess communication failure", so the issue is caused by local network communication being blocked.

I tried disabling "automatic updates" in the INI file of HBS. Also enabled "allow LAN traffic" and disabled "terminate sockets" in Windscribe. But none fixed the issue.
(06-06-2023, 05:27 PM)khanyash Wrote:
(06-05-2023, 10:35 PM)admin Wrote: In fact HBS hasn't started checking for updates when it prompts "interprocess communication failure", so the issue is caused by local network communication being blocked.

I tried disabling "automatic updates" in the INI file of HBS. Also enabled "allow LAN traffic" and disabled "terminate sockets" in Windscribe. But none fixed the issue.

In order to solve this problem, we have abandoned the use of network for communication between processes, please download and try this version below.
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...230619.exe