Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie questions
I am new here. I have been using TodoBackup since the beginning and really like it, but it recently failed me so I was on a quest to fine a replacement. I didn't settle, I upgraded to Hasleo Backup. It has been great and FAST. The two programs are similar, and Todo has a more refined interface, but Hasleo does more and is faster. .....and works!

I have 2 questions.
1. Is there a way to make the Hasleo window a bit larger on my desktop?

2. Another user posted a link to a beta version. Also, I emailed support with a question/suggestion. They were very eager to respond and even sent a test beta. It addressed what I suggested. Very cool!
My second question is, is there a webpage that hosts the latest beta?

Thanks to Hasleo for a great program!
Hasleo Backup Suite V4.0 Released!
https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/showthre...55#pid4855
Thanks to khanyash, yes version 4 has been officially released.

I'm sorry that the current version does not support resizing the window, we will improve it in future releases.
(11-17-2023, 02:16 PM)khanyash Wrote: Hasleo Backup Suite V4.0 Released!
https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/showthre...55#pid4855

Thank you!
(11-17-2023, 03:04 PM)admin Wrote: Thanks to khanyash, yes version 4 has been officially released.

I'm sorry that the current version does not support resizing the window, we will improve it in future releases.

Thank you!
(11-17-2023, 03:04 PM)admin Wrote: Thanks to khanyash, yes version 4 has been officially released.

I just tried version 4 and it is Awesome! The part that was confusing to me was the highlighted partitions on the restore screen, but now they are all highlighted (as I would expect). It worked perfect before, but now it is clearer to use.

I have been really into doing a proper backup for many years. I use 2 programs, one for a system backup (like Hasleo does) to do nightly full and incremental images, and one to sync my music and photo files to a second copy backup location.

Hasleo, in File Mode has a great folder selection screen of the disk tree. You can select a whole disk or folder(s), and then drill down further and deselect sub-folders too. Most other sync programs are different and are not as nice or easy to use as Hasleo's File Mode. A file sync program will compare the source and target folders, and then copy over the files that have changed or are not in the target. There are other options, but that is the basics. Hasleo's File Mode is similar, but the selected folders are copied to an image file. The difference with a sync program is that you would have access to those files as they were if the original drive went bad.

Have you considered a sync option to make 'one for one' file copies to a second location as another backup option? With your File Mode selection screen, folder comparison, and your scheduling already there, all that would be necessary is to write the files "as is" (in the folder/tree structure) to the destination rather then to an image. 

I have looked at a lot of sync programs and the Hasleo File Mode interface is much nicer then anything I've seen. I think Hasleo Backup would be the best of both worlds, AND I wouldn't need to have another program running in the background.

Hasleo System Backup (existing)
Hasleo File Mode (existing)
Hasleo Sync Mode (proposed)

Thanks for your consideration!
(11-17-2023, 07:52 PM)Hollywood Wrote:

I just tried version 4 and it is Awesome! The part that was confusing to me was the highlighted partitions on the restore screen, but now they are all highlighted (as I would expect). It worked perfect before, but now it is clearer to use.

I have been really into doing a proper backup for many years. I use 2 programs, one for a system backup (like Hasleo does) to do nightly full and incremental images, and one to sync my music and photo files to a second copy backup location.

Hasleo, in File Mode has a great folder selection screen of the disk tree. You can select a whole disk or folder(s), and then drill down further and deselect sub-folders too. Most other sync programs are different and are not as nice or easy to use as Hasleo's File Mode. A file sync program will compare the source and target folders, and then copy over the files that have changed or are not in the target. There are other options, but that is the basics. Hasleo's File Mode is similar, but the selected folders are copied to an image file. The difference with a sync program is that you would have access to those files as they were if the original drive went bad.

Have you considered a sync option to make 'one for one' file copies to a second location as another backup option? With your File Mode selection screen, folder comparison, and your scheduling already there, all that would be necessary is to write the files "as is" (in the folder/tree structure) to the destination rather then to an image. 

I have looked at a lot of sync programs and the Hasleo File Mode interface is much nicer then anything I've seen. I think Hasleo Backup would be the best of both worlds, AND I wouldn't need to have another program running in the background.

Hasleo System Backup (existing)
Hasleo File Mode (existing)
Hasleo Sync Mode (proposed)

Thanks for your consideration!

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I'm sorry that we don't have enough manpower to implement File Sync mode at the moment, but we should implement it in the future. Over the next two or three months, our main focus will be on enhancing the implemented features.