Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Trial Version v Full Version
#1
I'm pretty well sold on buying the home version of the backup suite, but am doing some due diligence testing with the trial version first.  Other than the trial version stopping working at some point, is there any other difference between the two that I should be aware of? 

Also, if/when I'm ready to move from the trial version to the full version is that just a matter of getting the license key and entering it into the program or will I have to download and install a separate version?

My apologies if this is already covered in a faq or other thread, but I couldn't find anything with a search.
Reply
#2
@MDavid,

If you have the Free or Trial versions, it should be easy to register the Home version by entering the license key.  If I recall correctly, when you complete the purchase, you will receive an email with your license key, and the instructions to activate it.  I never used the free version of HBS, and went straight to the paid versions on the day they became available (2025-10-30), which is when I joined the Hasleo Forums.

As for differences between all versions, I do believe my colleagues have given you links earlier in an earlier topic.  For your information again, here is where to find the comparison chart of the free and paid versions of the Hasleo Backup Suite: https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...rison.html.

Have a great day.

Regards,
Phil
Reply
#3
@garioch7

Thanks once again for all the good info.

On the comparisons between free v home v professional I had those already, but that's not what I was looking for. Some companies leave some features out of their trial versions (for a backup program for example, they might not back up files over a certain size limit, or might not actually do a verification after backup even if set to do so). Are you aware of anything like that in the Home trial version?
Reply
#4
TRIAL versions are full function until the trial is over (15-days, I believe), then they become the FREE versions.

...and, if you purchase a license for any version after the TRIAL completion, using the REGISTRATION item in the main UI allows you to convert it to your purchased license version.
Reply
#5
@Froggie

Thanks much. Best possible case!
Reply
#6
Thanks @garioch7 and @Froggie for your replies. Yes, the trial version is fully functional, and even after the trial period ends, it can still be activated to the full version with a license.
Reply
#7
(Yesterday, 07:00 PM)MDavid Wrote: I'm pretty well sold on buying the home version of the backup suite, but am doing some due diligence testing with the trial version first.  Other than the trial version stopping working at some point, is there any other difference between the two that I should be aware of? 

Also, if/when I'm ready to move from the trial version to the full version is that just a matter of getting the license key and entering it into the program or will I have to download and install a separate version?

My apologies if this is already covered in a faq or other thread, but I couldn't find anything with a search.

I'm evaluating also and came across a major difference that matters to me.  In the trial version, you can test out the command line version of the backup software, whereas in the home/free version you cannot.  The current backup software I am using (which I am looking to replace) supports a command line version, as opposed to doing everything in the gui.  I have scripts that I run before and after the backup to do extra chores during the backups, which is why that feature is important to me.  Additionally, using the command line version, you have a bit more control over the type of backup you run.  This fits well with the fine-tuned control I need with my backup jobs.  Nothing better than actually trying out the functionality of the command line version before committing to the purchase.
Command line version included/not included is depicted in the comparison chart, but could be easy to overlook as something that may or may not matter to you.
Reply
#8
(Today, 01:17 AM)viscus_sweats Wrote:
(Yesterday, 07:00 PM)MDavid Wrote: I'm pretty well sold on buying the home version of the backup suite, but am doing some due diligence testing with the trial version first.  Other than the trial version stopping working at some point, is there any other difference between the two that I should be aware of? 

Also, if/when I'm ready to move from the trial version to the full version is that just a matter of getting the license key and entering it into the program or will I have to download and install a separate version?

My apologies if this is already covered in a faq or other thread, but I couldn't find anything with a search.

I'm evaluating also and came across a major difference that matters to me.  In the trial version, you can test out the command line version of the backup software, whereas in the home/free version you cannot.  The current backup software I am using (which I am looking to replace) supports a command line version, as opposed to doing everything in the gui.  I have scripts that I run before and after the backup to do extra chores during the backups, which is why that feature is important to me.  Additionally, using the command line version, you have a bit more control over the type of backup you run.  This fits well with the fine-tuned control I need with my backup jobs.  Nothing better than actually trying out the functionality of the command line version before committing to the purchase.
Command line version included/not included is depicted in the comparison chart, but could be easy to overlook as something that may or may not matter to you.

As previously stated, the Trial version is fully functional. Accordingly, the command-line version (CLI) is available for use prior to the expiration of the Trial period. The CLI is explicitly not supported in the Free and Home editions, and this limitation is documented on the detailed product comparison page.

Please also note that it is unlikely that every restricted feature will be listed on the version comparison page, particularly minor ones. Therefore, the notices and prompts displayed during use of the software shall be regarded as the primary reference, and we also reserve the right to interpret any restrictive terms.

Thanks.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)