Not asking for a new feature for this great program but for an entire new application to manage partitions. Apologizing for the off-topic, couldn't find anywhere else to post.
|
[Archived] Feature REQUESTS 2024
|
|
Is there a problem with the zillion products already out there (EaseUS, Minitool, Aomei, Active, Macrorit, Nubi, IM-Magic, Paragon)?
![]() What is it that you need to do with a new tool? The only thing that I see missing in most is the inability to handle ext<n> Linux-based partitions as far as resizing is concerned.
Yes, there are already too many partition management software products in the market, and of course if we have enough manpower in the future, we may include these features in HBS.
09-10-2024, 11:59 PM
(09-10-2024, 01:26 AM)admin Wrote: Yes, there are already too many partition management software products in the market, and of course if we have enough manpower in the future, we may include these features in HBS. Most of the other tools are rubbish. Yes I took the time to test them all out. The only other tool I've used that was any good was Macrium Reflect. The problem with them is that the paid version uses anti piracy measures which negatively affect paying customers. Backup software is the computer enlivenment of a bomb shelter. It needs to be as close 100% workable as possible for it to be worth your time. I have a hard drive with over 20 years of files on it. I need something to protect it and a means to always be able to get it back regardless if the software is out of date, can or can not be connect to the internet. As close to 100% workable as possible.
09-11-2024, 12:24 AM
Well, we were chatting about PARTITION MGMT software and your comments seem to be related to imaging backup software. I tend to disagree with your comments on imaging software. I have found Hasleo, Macrium and Terabyte Unlimited to be excellent products over the years and extremely reliable. Other than Acronis (which I dumped after v9), most of the others I haven't tried... no need for it.
09-11-2024, 12:57 AM
(09-09-2024, 10:41 PM)Froggie Wrote: Is there a problem with the zillion products already out there (EaseUS, Minitool, Aomei, Active, Macrorit, Nubi, IM-Magic, Paragon)? Well, I'd like to see a partition manager:
I can only think of those features for the time being. I think Hasleo team might start developing simple basic partition operations such as resizing, hide, etc., anything sufficient to install a Windows system and create two or three partitions quickly and add them to HBS.
09-11-2024, 11:01 AM
Well... I can see you like this vendor
09-11-2024, 01:00 PM
(09-11-2024, 12:24 AM)Froggie Wrote: Well, we were chatting about PARTITION MGMT software and your comments seem to be related to imaging backup software. I tend to disagree with your comments on imaging software. I have found Hasleo, Macrium and Terabyte Unlimited to be excellent products over the years and extremely reliable. Other than Acronis (which I dumped after v9), most of the others I haven't tried... no need for it. I missed the off topic post by mrx
Not completely off topic, in fact there are already other customers who would like us to implement partition management in HBS, we just don't have the manpower to implement it for the time being.
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)


