Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[Archived] Feature REQUESTS 2024
Not asking for a new feature for this great program but for an entire new application to manage partitions. Apologizing for the off-topic, couldn't find anywhere else to post.
Reply
Is there a problem with the zillion products already out there (EaseUS, Minitool, Aomei, Active, Macrorit, Nubi, IM-Magic, Paragon)?   Angel

What is it that you need to do with a new tool? The only thing that I see missing in most is the inability to handle ext<n> Linux-based partitions as far as resizing is concerned.
Reply
Yes, there are already too many partition management software products in the market, and of course if we have enough manpower in the future, we may include these features in HBS.
Reply
(09-10-2024, 01:26 AM)admin Wrote: Yes, there are already too many partition management software products in the market, and of course if we have enough manpower in the future, we may include these features in HBS.

Most of the other tools are rubbish. Yes I took the time to test them all out. The only other tool I've used that was any good was Macrium Reflect. The problem with them is that the paid version uses anti piracy measures which negatively affect paying customers. 

Backup software is the computer enlivenment of a bomb shelter. It needs to be as close 100% workable as possible for it to be worth your time. I have a hard drive with over 20 years of files on it. I need something to protect it and a means to always be able to get it back regardless if the software is out of date, can or can not be connect to the internet. As close to 100% workable as possible.
Reply
Well, we were chatting about PARTITION MGMT software and your comments seem to be related to imaging backup software.  I tend to disagree with your comments on imaging software.  I have found Hasleo, Macrium and Terabyte Unlimited to be excellent products over the years and extremely reliable.  Other than Acronis (which I dumped after v9), most of the others I haven't tried... no need for it.
Reply
(09-10-2024, 01:26 AM)admin Wrote: Yes, there are already too many partition management software products in the market, and of course if we have enough manpower in the future, we may include these features in HBS.

Yes it would be so nice to have them in HBS...  Cool
Reply
(09-09-2024, 10:41 PM)Froggie Wrote: Is there a problem with the zillion products already out there (EaseUS, Minitool, Aomei, Active, Macrorit, Nubi, IM-Magic, Paragon)?   Angel

What is it that you need to do with a new tool?  The only thing that I see missing in most is the inability to handle ext<n> Linux-based partitions as far as resizing is concerned.

Well, I'd like to see a partition manager:

  1. With a built-in dark theme a la HBS.
  2. With a beautiful nice graphic user interface a la HBS.
  3. Standalone/portable and OS independent so it may be able to run from a WinRE like HBS does.
  4. Both separate architectures x64 x86, for example, a WinRE 64-bit cannot run a x86 executable. Note that current HBS can run from a WinRE x64 nicely.

I can only think of those features for the time being.

I think Hasleo team might start developing simple basic partition operations such as resizing, hide, etc., anything sufficient to install a Windows system and create two or three partitions quickly and add them to HBS.
Cool
Reply
Well... I can see you like this vendor  Big Grin
Reply
(09-11-2024, 12:24 AM)Froggie Wrote: Well, we were chatting about PARTITION MGMT software and your comments seem to be related to imaging backup software.  I tend to disagree with your comments on imaging software.  I have found Hasleo, Macrium and Terabyte Unlimited to be excellent products over the years and extremely reliable.  Other than Acronis (which I dumped after v9), most of the others I haven't tried... no need for it.

I missed the off topic post by mrx
Reply
Not completely off topic, in fact there are already other customers who would like us to implement partition management in HBS, we just don't have the manpower to implement it for the time being.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)