Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[Archived] Feature REQUESTS 2024
#31
Select your task, then select "Actions/Edit/Backup options/Advanced" and the CheckBox available may be set and it will stick with the task.

Edit: sorry, I just noticed you were asking about it being the DEFAULT... never mind  Sleepy
Reply
#32
(04-05-2024, 07:13 PM)blued Wrote: Sorry if I havent read whole thread, maybe this has been asked before. Its nice we can select default image location and compression level but can the check image option after backup also be added as a default choice? Its a pain to have to dig through several menus to reach it every time. Thanks.

Sorry you had to set this up manually, as not all users want to perform an image check operation after the backup is complete.
Reply
#33
Any update on below? I am hoping this makes it into the feature list of next public release if possible.

https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/showthre...42#pid5042
Reply
#34
(04-06-2024, 09:52 PM)guest123 Wrote: Any update on below? I am hoping this makes it into the feature list of next public release if possible.

https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/showthre...42#pid5042

I'm sorry that we haven't started development on this feature yet.
Reply
#35
(04-07-2024, 03:53 AM)admin Wrote:
(04-06-2024, 09:52 PM)guest123 Wrote: Any update on below? I am hoping this makes it into the feature list of next public release if possible.

https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/showthre...42#pid5042

I'm sorry that we haven't started development on this feature yet.

No problem. I just hope this feature gets implemented in some future build.
Reply
#36
(04-07-2024, 07:59 AM)guest123 Wrote:
(04-07-2024, 03:53 AM)admin Wrote:
(04-06-2024, 09:52 PM)guest123 Wrote: Any update on below? I am hoping this makes it into the feature list of next public release if possible.

https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/showthre...42#pid5042

I'm sorry that we haven't started development on this feature yet.

No problem. I just hope this feature gets implemented in some future build.

Don't worry, we won't forget it.
Reply
#37
(11-27-2023, 04:24 PM)Jedsted Wrote: Another useful feature would be to open a backup as a drive, so you can use File Explorer to manipulate files.

I know you can open an image in file mode but gui is a bit limited.

Now you can mount the volume in the backup disk image file as a virtual drive, please refer to this thread:
https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1982
Reply
#38
The mounting/unmounting feature is very cool. Thanks for adding it. I've been testing HBS 4.8 beta out, and I am very impressed. It succeeded in restoring an image when even image for windows v4 failed. There are still a couple things I'd like to see; one is added mount/unmount context menu entries for image files in Explorer, the other is adding a driver which prevents writing/deleting of anything in the image storage location other than HBS. Think of Macrium's image guardian.

Of course, I don't expect all this for free, forever. I'd be willing to pay. HBS is coming along very nicely!
Reply
#39
(05-24-2024, 05:21 AM)n8chavez Wrote: The mounting/unmounting feature is very cool.  Thanks for adding it.  I've been testing HBS 4.8 beta out, and I am very impressed.  It succeeded in restoring an image when even image for windows v4 failed.  There are still a couple things I'd like to see; one is added mount/unmount context menu entries for image files in Explorer, the other is adding a driver which prevents writing/deleting of anything in the image storage location other than HBS.  Think of Macrium's image guardian.

Of course, I don't expect all this for free, forever.  I'd be willing to pay.  HBS is coming along very nicely!

Thank you very much for all your suggestions, they are very helpful. 

However, as I mentioned before we are currently unable to purchase driver signing certificates, which prevents us from doing some of the things we need to do with the driver. In fact the driver used to mount the backup image is a third party driver that we purchased.

In any case we will do our best to implement features that are useful to our users.
Reply
#40
Yeah, I assumed that was the case.  It's not a huge deal, if just a connivence issue.  There is one mounting issue that I think a huge difference.  In the mounting UI 'Tools > Mount/Unmount Image', there seems to only be one image listed even though there are multiple store on my disk.  The naming convention for the file listed does not indicate which of the several images I have is actually going to be mounted; I have full, incremental, and differential images all on the disk.  The "Last Backup" time suggests it's the most recent of these images.  But, why aren't they all listed in that window?  That would make it easier, and less confusing, being able to pick an image from that UI.  Some sort of tree listing would be nice. In my opinion, that's easier to do that using the "browse" button, especially if your backup directory is hidden.

   
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)