Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[Archived] Feature REQUESTS 2024
#91
(08-26-2024, 08:24 AM)n8chavez Wrote:
(08-26-2024, 03:47 AM)admin Wrote:
(08-25-2024, 07:22 PM)n8chavez Wrote: Can we get the dark theme in the WinPE version?

If HBS is using Dark theme when creating the WinPE then the created WinPE uses Dark theme. Do you mean you want to be able to change the theme manually in WinPE?


Right.  But that's when you create the disk in HBS itself.  If you were to take the files located here: C:\Program Files\HBS\bin\WinPE (which is what HBS uses to make the disc) on any other PE/RE disc, then HBS would not make use of the dark theme.  In that case all we have the option for is the white them.  It seems to me that the dark theme files are not included.

In WinPE/WinRE, you can add "ThemeType=Value" to the [Settings] section in "Backup Suite.ini" to specify the default theme type. 
ThemeType=0 Automatic
ThemeType=1 Light
ThemeType=2 Dark
[Image: attachment.php?aid=481]


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply
#92
(08-25-2024, 01:02 AM)admin Wrote:
(08-24-2024, 01:45 PM)Froggie Wrote: When trying to to make HBS more portable (using 7-Zip for example), it turns out that process is made much more difficult by the "res" folder being outside of the "bin" folder.  Is there any chance it can be programmed to be inside the "bin" folder... or maybe a test build made available to play with that has this capability.

Thanks in advance for your consideration...

This is certainly possible, but would require some changes to the code and packaging scripts, which would take some time. Why not just zip the parent directory of the bin/res?

Thanks for the look... I've found another way and it works as I need.
Reply
#93
(08-26-2024, 09:53 AM)admin Wrote:
(08-26-2024, 08:24 AM)n8chavez Wrote:
(08-26-2024, 03:47 AM)admin Wrote:
(08-25-2024, 07:22 PM)n8chavez Wrote: Can we get the dark theme in the WinPE version?

If HBS is using Dark theme when creating the WinPE then the created WinPE uses Dark theme. Do you mean you want to be able to change the theme manually in WinPE?


Right.  But that's when you create the disk in HBS itself.  If you were to take the files located here: C:\Program Files\HBS\bin\WinPE (which is what HBS uses to make the disc) on any other PE/RE disc, then HBS would not make use of the dark theme.  In that case all we have the option for is the white them.  It seems to me that the dark theme files are not included.

In WinPE/WinRE, you can add "ThemeType=Value" to the [Settings] section in "Backup Suite.ini" to specify the default theme type. 
ThemeType=0 Automatic
ThemeType=1 Light
ThemeType=2 Dark
[Image: attachment.php?aid=481]

Sweeeeet!  Thanks @admin.
Reply
#94
(08-26-2024, 04:50 PM)Froggie Wrote:
(08-25-2024, 01:02 AM)admin Wrote:
(08-24-2024, 01:45 PM)Froggie Wrote: When trying to to make HBS more portable (using 7-Zip for example), it turns out that process is made much more difficult by the "res" folder being outside of the "bin" folder.  Is there any chance it can be programmed to be inside the "bin" folder... or maybe a test build made available to play with that has this capability.

Thanks in advance for your consideration...

This is certainly possible, but would require some changes to the code and packaging scripts, which would take some time. Why not just zip the parent directory of the bin/res?

Thanks for the look... I've found another way and it works as I need.

Glad to hear that. So will future versions still need to put the res in the bin directory? Thanks.
Reply
#95
Not at all... continue developing away on this great product!
Reply
#96
(08-27-2024, 12:44 PM)Froggie Wrote: Not at all... continue developing away on this great product!

Thanks, we will.
Reply
#97
How 'bout a small Coffee Break project  Wink

When using WinRAR to create an SFX portable version (a very good method, BTW) of HBS under a Win10 installation, executable is produced and it runs just fine under Win10.  When I try and run the portable under Win11 I get the following AppLoader error (no LOGs)...

"Failed to run system API (0x0057001500000002)"

When I create the portable version under a Win11 installation, it works fine under Win11, Win10 & Win07.  Any idea what I'm dealing with here?  Thanks for any help with this... in your spare time, of course  Rolleyes

EDIT: Never mind, it turned out to be slight incompatibilities between WinRAR versions on the 2-machines... back to the coffee  Big Grin
Reply
#98
I like to make a request to dismiss this message along with a "don't show this again"
https://imgur.com/a/9TditCa

since I have a lot of data being held by Hasleo I must always have a means to retrieve it, come rain hail shine. Including internet no internet or easyuefi going out of business.
Reply
#99
(09-05-2024, 12:05 PM)Mint Wrote: I like to make a request to dismiss this message along with a "don't show this again"
https://imgur.com/a/9TditCa

since I have a lot of data being held by Hasleo I must always have a means to retrieve it, come rain hail shine. Including internet no internet or easyuefi going out of business.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll feed it back to my development team.
Reply
in the mean time is there a way to force launch the application. Like a command line switch or something?
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 25 Guest(s)