Posts: 80
Threads: 4
Joined: Mar 2024
Reputation:
4
(10-31-2024, 11:10 AM)m.e. Wrote: I don't know what the problem is with hidden objects (files/folders) - I absolutely want hidden objects to be shown, they should not be hidden. Or at least it should always be possible to show them. In Windows Explorer you can do as you want, it's implemented in a very simple and practical way.
![[Image: hidden.png]](https://i.postimg.cc/cCBrDnqK/hidden.png)
In Hasleo Explorer, "Hidden" files should be hidden, and it's the only right thing to do.
Posts: 37
Threads: 7
Joined: Nov 2023
Reputation:
0
(10-31-2024, 05:13 PM)aldist Wrote: In Hasleo Explorer, "Hidden" files should be hidden, and it's the only right thing to do.
Well, I disagree, I think all files should be visible, and hiding certain types of files (such as those with the "hidden" attribute) should be optional. I can see that average users can't deal with hidden files. But at the same time, not showing files that actually exist is a dangerous tactic for a backup program. How does Macrium Reflect handle this?
Posts: 80
Threads: 4
Joined: Mar 2024
Reputation:
4
(10-31-2024, 06:06 PM)m.e. Wrote: (10-31-2024, 05:13 PM)aldist Wrote: In Hasleo Explorer, "Hidden" files should be hidden, and it's the only right thing to do.
How does Macrium Reflect handle this? In simplistic terms, I don't know of any programs that show hidden files in open/save dialogs by default, regardless of Windows options.
Macrium is one of them, it will show the ProgramData folder only when I enable the option in Windows Explorer.
Posts: 37
Threads: 7
Joined: Nov 2023
Reputation:
0
Thanks for explaining further.
I can see how some users would prefer it one way, and others the other way. It would be optimal to give users the choice. As long as there is no choice, hidden files need to be shown in order to enable maximum versatility.
Posts: 3,625
Threads: 81
Joined: Feb 2014
Reputation:
359
(11-01-2024, 11:03 AM)aldist Wrote: (10-31-2024, 06:06 PM)m.e. Wrote: (10-31-2024, 05:13 PM)aldist Wrote: In Hasleo Explorer, "Hidden" files should be hidden, and it's the only right thing to do.
How does Macrium Reflect handle this? In simplistic terms, I don't know of any programs that show hidden files in open/save dialogs by default, regardless of Windows options.
Macrium is one of them, it will show the ProgramData folder only when I enable the option in Windows Explorer.
Once again, this QT bug cannot be fixed for the time being. We'll fix it if we have enough time in the future, after all, we have more important work to do right now, and I hope you understand.
Posts: 430
Threads: 18
Joined: Nov 2024
Reputation:
128
I don't know if this idea was already discussed, didn't find anything. But here we go:
When mounting an image you get a new virtual drive to access all the files of that partition. But there's one problem with that: If you need to access a folder your user currently has no NTFS permissions for, you get a permission error and can't access it.
Macrium Reflect has a setting for this problem:
With that enabled, NTFS permissions are disabled and you can access all directories.
Would this be possible to implement in a future version of HBS?
Apart from that I really really like this software so far. I'm currently testing alternatives for Macrium Reflect as I don't like the new subscription model. Everything I tested so far is just awesome. It's super fast, it's reliable. I even tried scenarios like dual-boot with Linux and modifying files from there in the NTFS partitions. Incremental backup still includes those files. Whatever CBT method you implemented here, it just works!
Thanks for this free alternative, looking forward to future updates!
Posts: 3,625
Threads: 81
Joined: Feb 2014
Reputation:
359
(11-14-2024, 08:26 PM)al3x Wrote: I don't know if this idea was already discussed, didn't find anything. But here we go:
When mounting an image you get a new virtual drive to access all the files of that partition. But there's one problem with that: If you need to access a folder your user currently has no NTFS permissions for, you get a permission error and can't access it.
Macrium Reflect has a setting for this problem:
![[Image: CQNWuqs.png]](https://i.imgur.com/CQNWuqs.png)
With that enabled, NTFS permissions are disabled and you can access all directories.
Would this be possible to implement in a future version of HBS?
Apart from that I really really like this software so far. I'm currently testing alternatives for Macrium Reflect as I don't like the new subscription model. Everything I tested so far is just awesome. It's super fast, it's reliable. I even tried scenarios like dual-boot with Linux and modifying files from there in the NTFS partitions. Incremental backup still includes those files. Whatever CBT method you implemented here, it just works!
Thanks for this free alternative, looking forward to future updates!
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll feed it back to my development team.
Posts: 133
Threads: 18
Joined: Jun 2024
Reputation:
1
Cancelled e-mail notification has still the "Green" Icon.
Posts: 3,625
Threads: 81
Joined: Feb 2014
Reputation:
359
11-21-2024, 02:48 AM
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2024, 02:51 AM by admin.)
(11-20-2024, 07:33 PM)chmichael Wrote: Cancelled e-mail notification has still the "Green" Icon.
V4.9.4 or V5.0 Beta? Seems to have forgotten the change in V4.9.4. Note that the colors of the emojis don't seem to be the same in different fonts, at least in the email clients we use.
Posts: 133
Threads: 18
Joined: Jun 2024
Reputation:
1
|