Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[Archived] Feature REQUESTS 2024
What about that forced update protocol? Can we please get rid of that? No good if I can't get my data back due to the software being out of date.
Reply
(12-11-2024, 11:48 AM)guest123 Wrote:
(04-08-2024, 03:17 AM)admin Wrote: Don't worry, we won't forget it.

Any update on this? I am hoping for this feature to get implemented in next major version.

I'm sorry we don't have time to complete this feature yet.
Reply
(12-12-2024, 04:00 AM)Mint Wrote: What about that forced update protocol? Can we please get rid of that? No good if I can't get my data back due to the software being out of date.

Regarding this limitation, the main purpose is to hope that users will update to the new version as soon as possible, because we don't have much time and manpower to deal with the problems of the old version. In addition, the new version will always be compatible with the image generated by the old version, so there is no need to worry about this at all, and we will consider canceling it in a future release.
Reply
(12-12-2024, 11:04 AM)admin Wrote:
(12-11-2024, 11:48 AM)guest123 Wrote: Any update on this? I am hoping for this feature to get implemented in next major version.

I'm sorry we don't have time to complete this feature yet.

No problem. I just hope it gets implemented in some future version.

(12-12-2024, 11:10 AM)admin Wrote:
(12-12-2024, 04:00 AM)Mint Wrote: What about that forced update protocol? Can we please get rid of that? No good if I can't get my data back due to the software being out of date.

Regarding this limitation, the main purpose is to hope that users will update to the new version as soon as possible, because we don't have much time and manpower to deal with the problems of the old version. In addition, the new version will always be compatible with the image generated by the old version, so there is no need to worry about this at all, and we will consider canceling it in a future release.

How about instead implement a forced error report msg that says "please use latest version before reporting this error" or when an error happens on an older version then error msg says "please use latest version to fix this error".
Reply
(12-13-2024, 05:49 AM)guest123 Wrote:
(12-12-2024, 11:04 AM)admin Wrote: I'm sorry we don't have time to complete this feature yet.

No problem. I just hope it gets implemented in some future version.

(12-12-2024, 11:10 AM)admin Wrote: Regarding this limitation, the main purpose is to hope that users will update to the new version as soon as possible, because we don't have much time and manpower to deal with the problems of the old version. In addition, the new version will always be compatible with the image generated by the old version, so there is no need to worry about this at all, and we will consider canceling it in a future release.

How about instead implement a forced error report msg that says "please use latest version before reporting this error" or when an error happens on an older version then error msg says "please use latest version to fix this error".

We will consider your suggestion, but the software may not be aware that a new version is available, especially in environments without an internet connection.
Reply
Please could you implement a way to lock the destination folder to prevent attacks from Ransomware, or accidental deletion of image files? Eg. MR has their Image Guardian - would it be possible to do something similar in HBS?
Thank you for a great program.
Reply
I've asked for something like that too, but I was told it cannot be done right now. I think they are feature-locked trying to get v5 out. However, you can use this, and just set up for backup location as a secure folder. It's older but very well done, and free.

https://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/S...ders.shtml
Reply
Thanks very much. I tried Secure Folders, but I can still delete images, which obviously is not what I want. I do like the way it allows HBS to access the folder though.
Is there any alternative that allows HBS but won't allow deletion of images, do you know?
Reply
I've used it before, and had no issue with being able to delete or copy images. HBS should prevent that based on your trusted programs list. What on your list? Is explorer.exe trusted? It shouldn't be.
Reply
(12-15-2024, 01:21 PM)abeber Wrote: Please could you implement a way to lock the destination folder to prevent attacks from Ransomware, or accidental deletion of image files? Eg. MR has their Image Guardian - would it be possible to do something similar in HBS?
Thank you for a great program.

Thanks for the suggestion, a driver needs to be written to implement the feature. However, as I mentioned before we are currently unable to purchase driver signing certificates, which prevents us from implementing features that require driver involvement.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)