Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature REQUESTS
I agree on your development direction... of course I'm only one user Blush   In the meantime, users can script what they need, for instance, in the area of Grandfather/Father/Son (GFS) image management.  The only thing missing from the CLI to allow full image mgmt would be the MERGE function... but I don't think that's critical at the moment.  Much rather see development of the UI version of image chain mgmt, i.e. GFS, automatic merge & deletion being scheduled.

Currently you have, for Disk Images, a Disk Mode and Partition Mode restore... I guess I don't quite get that necessity.  In the Disk Mode restore, you force users to restore the whole disk, in Partition Mode restore you force users to only install single partition at a time.  Most imaging Systems will allow a disk mode restore to let the user select whatever partitions in that image he wants restored... so in a 6-partition disk image, the user can select from 1-6 partitions for restoration.  If Hasleo followed this method, there would be no need at all for the "partition mode" restoration.  Is there a reason why this approach wouldn't be possible with HBS?  Just curious... actually, I guess I can see a bit why it's the way it is without any significant partition geometry mgmt or possible partition compression upon restoration, one partition at a time seems safe enough.

This product has come along very well and has been very solid for a lot of us out here in the imaging community.  Most are waiting to see where your product roadmap will take it.  Keep up the great work!
(05-25-2023, 11:29 AM)admin Wrote:
(05-25-2023, 04:50 AM)Froggie Wrote: Thanks... works fine!

Dear Froggie, regarding the CLI version, what features are necessary? We think it is enough to be able to perform backup tasks, and more advanced backup scheduling seems more important.

In thinking more about this, the following comes to mind.  A lot of imaging users I know try to use their application for automatic return to previous configuration... Kiosk users come to mind as well as computer Labs/Classrooms that need System protection from wily users.  Many people use "snapshot" apps to do this (ReBootRX, etc.) but these apps work outside of the Windows environment and as a result can easily be affected by Windows changes making them somewhat unreliable.  Others try and use "Lite Virtualization" (Shadow Defender, etc.) to similar functions in returning the System to some predetermined state.

Imaging Systems can do this as well but need the ability to schedule these predetermined images for restoration purposes (Restart, PowerUp, etc.), not just backups.  Some imaging products offer extended CLI capability, including restorations, to accomplish this type of System mgmt.  I can easily see this type of System mgmt available in an eventual UI of the main program, but having it available via CLI can also make it available now and allow the user to determine whether it's really needed at the internal UI level when you get to that point.

...and remember, this is just a Frog thinking out loud  Shy
(05-27-2023, 11:25 PM)Froggie Wrote:
(05-25-2023, 11:29 AM)admin Wrote:
(05-25-2023, 04:50 AM)Froggie Wrote: Thanks... works fine!

Dear Froggie, regarding the CLI version, what features are necessary? We think it is enough to be able to perform backup tasks, and more advanced backup scheduling seems more important.

In thinking more about this, the following comes to mind.  A lot of imaging users I know try to use their application for automatic return to previous configuration... Kiosk users come to mind as well as computer Labs/Classrooms that need System protection from wily users.  Many people use "snapshot" apps to do this (ReBootRX, etc.) but these apps work outside of the Windows environment and as a result can easily be affected by Windows changes making them somewhat unreliable.  Others try and use "Lite Virtualization" (Shadow Defender, etc.) to similar functions in returning the System to some predetermined state.

Imaging Systems can do this as well but need the ability to schedule these predetermined images for restoration purposes (Restart, PowerUp, etc.), not just backups.  Some imaging products offer extended CLI capability, including restorations, to accomplish this type of System mgmt.  I can easily see this type of System mgmt available in an eventual UI of the main program, but having it available via CLI can also make it available now and allow the user to determine whether it's really needed at the internal UI level when you get to that point.

...and remember, this is just a Frog thinking out loud  Shy

Thank you so much for all your suggestions. The function of CLI is still very simple, but it is a good start, and we will improve it step by step.
Please include the executable manage-bde.exe in the WIM image and the emergency disk. This would allow us to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drives.
Alternatively, you could also implement your product (Bitlocker Anywhere) into the WIM.

As a workaround, I copied manage-bde.exe into C:\Program Files\Hasleo\Hasleo Backup Suite\bin\WINPE\Windows\System32 and manage-bde.exe.mui into C:\Program Files\Hasleo\Hasleo Backup Suite\bin\WINPE\Windows\System32\en-US before generating the boot menu entry. This does the trick for me now.
(09-01-2023, 05:14 AM)teschl Wrote: Please include the executable manage-bde.exe in the WIM image and the emergency disk. This would allow us to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drives.
Alternatively, you could also implement your product (Bitlocker Anywhere) into the WIM.

As a workaround, I copied manage-bde.exe into C:\Program Files\Hasleo\Hasleo Backup Suite\bin\WINPE\Windows\System32 and manage-bde.exe.mui into C:\Program Files\Hasleo\Hasleo Backup Suite\bin\WINPE\Windows\System32\en-US before generating the boot menu entry. This does the trick for me now.

Thanks for your suggestion and we will implement this feature in future releases.
(09-02-2023, 12:17 AM)admin Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 05:14 AM)teschl Wrote: Please include the executable manage-bde.exe in the WIM image and the emergency disk. This would allow us to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drives.

Thanks for your suggestion and we will implement this feature in future releases.

This version below allows you to unlock BitLocker encrypted drives in emergency disk, please click "Tools" = > "Unlock BitLocker drive".
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...230911.exe
GFS (Grandfather, Father, Son) is now possible, please refer to the POST.
The delta restore is now available, please refer to the POST.
Sorry, I posted a future request HERE and it should have been here.

...and last but not least, can this application be made standalone, as in PORTABLE, so it may be carried around on a UFD as an auxiliary program that can run under any modern Windows API available without application installation (LIVE installed Windows or an add-on to a WinPE)?

Thanks for your consideration...
(10-21-2023, 10:46 AM)Froggie Wrote: Sorry, I posted a future request HERE and it should have been here.

...and last but not least, can this application be made standalone, as in PORTABLE, so it may be carried around on a UFD as an auxiliary program that can run under any modern Windows API available without application installation (LIVE installed Windows or an add-on to a WinPE)?

Thanks for your consideration...

Thanks for the suggestion and we will consider it. HBS has a service program that will always run in the background, and when to terminate the service program in the case of running the program from the USB drive is something we need to consider, otherwise the user will not be able to eject the USB drive normally.