The protection of important data has always been an important topic for both the enterprise and the individual, the most common way is to do data backups or encrypt important data. The BitLocker Drive Encryption is a full volume encryption tool introduced by Microsoft, it is an important way to encrypt data in Windows. Although people are always careful, the truth is that they still often lose data from storage devices. We know there are many reasons that would lead to data lost, such as virus attack, improper shutdown of the computer, pulling out USB drive without without safe removal, accidental deletion, formatting, mistaken partitions, etc. Especially for a Bitlocker encrypted drive, these reasons can easily cause the encrypted drive to be corrupted, which eventually leads us to lose important files.
What should you do if one day you find that your BitLocker encryption drive is corrupted and you can no longer access your important data? Well, don't worry, a powerful and reliable BitLocker Data Recovery software has been discovered by Hasleo Software, it is fully capable of recovering data from a corrupted BitLocker encrypted drive. Please read more on next section.
Download, install and run Hasleo Data Recovery. And you will see a screen with many options of recovery. Please select BitLocker Data Recovery mode.
1. Please select the drive where you lose your files, then click "Scan" button to find all BitLocker encrypted partitions on the drive.
2. A pop-up window will appear asking you to enter the BitLocker password or 48-digit BitLocker recovery key. If you don't want to enter the password or BitLocker recovery key here, just click the "Skip" button to skip it.
3. Hasleo Data Recovery will list all found BitLocker encrypted partitions on the target drive. If you have entered the password or BitLocker recovery key in the previous step, the password status will show whether the password or BitLocker recovery key matches this partition.
4. Double click the BitLocker encrypted partition you want to recovery data from. If you have previously entered the password or BitLocker recovery key and the the password or recovery key matches, Hasleo Data Recovery will start scanning lost files. Otherwise, a pop-up window will appear asking you to enter the password or BitLocker recovery key. Enter the password or recovery key and then click "OK" button, Hasleo Data Recovery will start scanning lost files if the password or recovery key matches.
There will be a list of files found by the software, you can preview found files by path and types. Select the files you want to recover and click "Recover" button to save them. If some files are not found, please click "Deep Scan" button to start the Deep Scan Recovery process, deep scan takes more time, but can find much more lost files.
Please note that:
1. You must enter the correct Bitlocker password or the 48-digits Bitlocker recovery key to successfully recover data from a BitLocker encrypted drive.
2. If the metadata area of a BitLocker encrypted drive is severely corrupted, you will not be able to recover data from this partition even if you have the correct Bitlocker password or the 48-digits Bitlocker recovery key.
3. Don't save the recovered files to the partition where your lost files originally located. This prevents your data from geting overwriten.
4. You can export/save the scanning results for later or next recovery.