This tutorial mainly introduces how to backup and restore Windows server operating system with Hasleo Backup Suite Free, the main contents are as follows:
Microsoft offers desktop and server versions of Windows, the Windows desktop versions are designed for everyday use with PCs and laptops, and the Windows server versions are designed specifically for servers. Every Windows Server version that is released has a corresponding Windows desktop version, the two operating systems share a code base. The Windows desktop version is primarily designed for personal use, and Windows Server version is mainly used in business environments to help companies deal with Internet/intranet hosting, databases, and similar functions more effectively. Due to different usage environments, the Windows server version usually has more powerful functions, higher stability and security than the Windows desktop version.
Windows Server is a line of Windows operating systems that Microsoft specifically creates for use on a server since 2003, including Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019/2022.
We know that a Windows server usually runs multiple enterprise applications, and the installation and configuration of enterprise applications are usually very complicated, and these applications have extremely high requirements for stability. However, occasional downtime of a server may not be completely avoided, but a long-term downtime is something that an enterprise cannot tolerate. In order to reduce the loss of business caused by server downtime, companies usually use hardware or software to back up important data. The benefits of backing up Windows Server can quickly restore the Windows Server operating system to its original state in the event of a disaster, which can reduce downtime and minimize the loss to the enterprise.
We know that the data on the Windows server is very important, so it is necessary to back up the Windows server regularly. There are many Windows backup and restore software on the market, but the features of backing up the Windows server operating system are all paid features.
Hasleo Backup Suite Free is a completely free backup and restore software for Windows, and you can use it to backup and restore Windows server 2008/2012/2016/2019/2022 without paying any fees. With the help of Hasleo Backup Suite Free, you can compress and encrypt the backup image, and you can also configure the backup schedule to automatically back up the Windows server on a regular basis, it is the best free Windows server backup and restore software software on the market.
Now free download Hasleo Backup Suite Free to back up the Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019/2022, and it is recommended that you create a bootable WinPE emergency recovery disk to restore Windows Server when needed.
Step 1. Install and run Hasleo Backup Suite Free, click "Backup" button in the navigation bar, then click "System Backup" button in the operation area.
Step 2. Hasleo Backup Suite Free will automatically select all partitions that need to be backed up for Windows operating system backup. You only need to modify the task name, description, destination and backup options according to your needs, and then click the "Proceed" button.
* Task name: Specify a task name so that you can quickly find and manage the backup task.
* Description: Briefly describe the purpose of the task and other information.
* Destination: The destination path where the backup image files will be stored, modify it by clicking the folder icon.
* Backup options: Advanced backup settings. For more details, please refer to Backup options.
* Backup schedule: Set up a backup schedule to automatically perform the backup task on a regular basis. For more details, please refer to Backup schedule.
Step 3. After clicking the "Proceed" button, Hasleo Backup Suite Free starts backing up the Windows operating system to the storage path you specify. Please note that the backup time is related to the size of the data that needs to be backed up, so please be patient.
* Check image: Check the integrity of the backup image files after the backup is complete.
* Power plan: Perform the power management action after the backup is complete.
Step 1. Click "Home" button in the navigation bar, then click the "Actions" => "Restore" button on the system backup task you want to restore.
Step 2. Select the backup version you want to restore, then click the "Next" button.
* If you want to restore the entire operating system, please choose "System mode" in the upper right corner. If you only need to restore one of the partitions, please choose "Partition mode". Please note that we do not guarantee that Windows can work normally after recovering the Windows partition separately in "Partition mode".
Step 3. Select the destination disk you want to restore the Windows operating system to, then click "Next".
* The Restore to original location option can help you restore the Windows operating system to its original location on the original disk and ensure that other partitions on the disk will not be destroyed. Please note that this option is only available in "System mode".
* The Keep partition layout option can ensure that the partition layout of the destination disk is exactly the same as the source disk after the cloning operation is completed. Please note that this option is only available in "System mode".
Step 4. Adjust the size and location of the partitions according to your needs, then click "Proceed". A warning message may pop up to tell you that all data on the destination drive will be destroyed, click the "Yes" to continue if you do not have important data on the destination disk.
* Disk alignment:
* The Sector by sector restore partition option enables you to restore the content in backup image to destination partition sector by sector.
Step 5. Hasleo Backup Suite Free began restoring the Windows operating system to the destination disk. Please note that the time required for restore operation is related to the size of the data that needs to be restored, so please be patient.
* Here you can specify a power management action to be performed after the backup is complete.
As a free Windows backup software, Hasleo Backup Suite Free can help you easily back up and restore Windows server 2008/2012/2016/2019/2022 for free, it can reduce your workload while ensuring the security of your data. Also, Hasleo Backup Suite Free can be used to backup Windows Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista.
Hasleo Backup Suite Free is not only a free Windows server backup software, but also a free Windows clone software, so you can also use it to migrate/clone Windows server OS to another disk, I have to say that it is the best free Windows server backup and restore software in 2023.